Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

lighthouse

I don’t know why I connected to lighthouses so quickly. Before my lighthouse obsession started I was visiting Cope Cad and Martha’s Vineyard with a friend of mine last summer. He enjoyed taking different pictures of lighthouses. After we visited more lighthouses, I became hook with lighthouses. 

One day, I decided to do research on the symbolic meaning of a lighthouse. Most of the meanings and quotes I found was biblical related. I wasn't satisfied with my findings. I never finish with my research so I naturally forget about this. 

My friend, Megan, came to New York for my birthday weekend. Before we both went to a restaurant to meet rest of my friends for my birthday dinner… She asked me to open a gift because she excitedly couldn't wait for me to open the gift. She got me a beautiful Alex and Ani: Lighthouse Charm Bangle for my birthday. I love it! Even better, this gift included a card with the meaning of lighthouse. I am shocked to learn that it fit me well! I love this gift even more! 

LIGHTHOUSE

ILLUMINATION | COMFORT | RESILIENCE

A lighthouse is a welcoming structure, a reassuring sign of steady ground ahead, and an optimistic symbol of hope for all looking to move forward safety. It is an emblem of strength located at the edge of unpredictable tides as it provides navigational guidance and bright light in a storm. Resilient and immovable, this shining beacon encourages perseverance even in the darkest times. 

What do you think? Now I can say… I know why lighthouse is very special to me. One day… I would like to have a wedding by a lighthouse! 


No comments: