Pages

Saturday, February 09, 2013

the five love languages

Have you read The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman? I haven’t finish reading this book yet. So far, I think it is a good book. Please understand it is NOT all about romantic or it is for couples only. The five love languages are also relevant to platonic relationships such as family, friends, or coworkers. Please remember this.

The five love languages are: words of affirmation, quality time, receiving gifts, acts of service, and physical touch. Quality time is what matters me the most. I enjoy my time with my friends, family, and coworkers when it comes to traveling, go out for dinner, going to different places, and even spending our time at my home.

Last September, I was under stressed that I really want to be with my friends for the day. A friend of mine decided to drop the plan with me and other friend. My quality time with them blew out. I learned my lesson that I need to stop have a high expectation from my friends when it come to quality time. Last Christmas, I enjoyed being with my friend. It was nice because I wasn’t alone. Funny, he felt bad that we didn’t do much that day. As for me, I don’t care… as long I am having a quality time with someone on Christmas day. That’s what matters me the most. Distractions, postponed activities, or the failure to listen can be hurtful for me.

Let me share one of my favorite quotes from book: “Your emotional love language and the language of your spouse may be as different as Chinese form English. No matter how hard you try to express love in English, if your suppose understand only Chinese, you will never understand how to love each other.”

What’s your love language? You can take a quiz online to find out! The website have the five languages of apology and the five languages of appreciation, too. Very interesting? :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's a great book �� Thanks for the recommendation

-Marty