Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

remembering baby ryen

April 13, 2007-May 14, 2008

Let me tell you about baby Ryen Alexander Garcia. He was an adorable baby who only lived for a year, a month, and a day. His deep dark brown eyes and his giggly smile will melt your heart forever.

I remember the day I first met him. He was a premature baby so he was only five pounds when I first saw him. During my winter break from college, I finally held him for the first time and I couldn’t believe how much he grew. Unlike his older brother and sister (they both were "serious" babies), he was a very CHEERFUL baby who always laugh easily.  It is hard to explain, indeed, he was a very special baby. His personality was very LOUD and CHARMING. My aunt who was Ryen’s grandmother lived behind my family’s apartment so I always find a time to visit them so I could hold baby Ryen. I love to make some funny sounds to make him laugh. After my winter break was over, I headed back to college. Little I knew that I would never see him alive again.

I will never forget the day my family came to Washington DC for my graduation from Gallaudet University with a bachelor degree. That day, I found that baby Ryen was GONE forever. I couldn’t believe it. I was angry with God for taking him away from our family too early. His funeral was heartbreaking. It was another reminder for me that life is too short. Looking at his lifeless body, again, I couldn’t believe how much he grew. He got bigger, his sweet and soft skin color got darker, and his fine dark hair got longer. I was very sad that I couldn’t see his giggly smile for one more time. 

Today, it is hard to believe he would have been almost six years old. We cannot grieve over his death forever. We must remember the good time we had with him. Ryen, I hope you are enjoying your time in beautiful heaven.  Although, you were only my second cousin, you had no idea how much you impacted me. I hope to see you someday again. I love you, sweet handsome baby Ryen. 

No comments: